Friday, May 09, 2008
Thursday, May 01, 2008
And here are the ink paintings in a better light. They are subtle and gray.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
I have been questioned so much, I have lost my focus, lost my direction, and am wondering if I understand what I am doing at all, so I have stopped doing any work, Yup, stopped in my track, lost my momentum, can't even manage a flutter, let alone fly. I am reaching rock bottom, downward spiral, the end of the world for me, goodbye, sayonara, zai jien, sorry, bu zai jien...phew...what a mouthful, gotta catch my breath here...
Well anyway, picked myself off the sorry ground again, 3 more weeks till my show, gotta do it right and get things working.
All I have been doing for my thesis show end of this month, I am not posting them up here yet. Instead, I am posting this doodle that I did today, cause I bought inks, lots of inks!! of something utterly irrelevant to my thesis. Back to what I love best, painting fantasy :)
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
Hoo-kay, I have been tagged by both Jac http://jac-jac-jac.blogspot.com/ and Lynn http://brikbrac.blogspot.com/ to do this random list of quirks about me.
The rules are as follow:-
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names & links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here comes the list. Hmmmm...
1) My windows are always wide open in winter and I only close them when the snow starts getting in. ^_^ I love the cold too much. I eat ice-cream when it is cold out. Especially when it snows. Whenever I buy ice-cream during winter, I get stares. Oh well, it's the only time when you can slowly eat your ice-cream without it melting.
2) I have 2 large dolls. 60-ish cm tall. I love to change their eyes and hair. I spend more on their clothes than I do on mine. They are always seated on the table in my painting studio facing the door, so whenever I walk into the studio, they are there to greet me. Kowaii.. X(
3) I sometimes skip when I walk. No I don't skip all the way, just skip a beat while I walk. I don't know why.
4) I take a 2 hour bus ride to New York early in the morning just to have Dimsum and be back by noon, just because the Dimsum in Philadelphia starts at 11.30am and I want to eat Dimsum at 9 or 10. Well, I enjoy the trip anyway, so I don't really mind it. LOL
5) I am an extremely clean painter. I am the only person in my painting department, that paints large painterly paintings without having any paint on my clothes, brush handles, my hand, and the floor. I freak out if I get any paint on my clothes and I will spend the whole day scrubbing at the paint. :-) There are packets of baby wipes, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, hand soap in my painting studio.
Here are the list of people I am tagging.
Monday, November 12, 2007
The trip on Tuesday, my friends and I went to Chelsea to visit some Art Galleries with Charles Browning. It was fun. Patti drove us there and here we are, crammed in the car.
Friday, Pik Yew came to New York and I went up to meet her for a day trip. Did some tourist thing by going around tourist spots. Well, being in America for 3-4 years, I have to do that somehow.