Saturday, September 22, 2007

Past works

For the past two semesters, I have been running about not knowing what I should be painting. I paint from fantasy to landscapes then ultimately, decided that I should be painting dolls. Will update on the reason why I paint dolls later. But first, let's take a look at what I have been painting when I was running about like a headless chicken.


Winter Solace is a piece of painting that comes in four separate canvases. I wanted to paint a winter landscape scene with bamboos. Sorta like an attempt to paint an eastern painting with western technique.


Winter Blossoms. One of my favorite painting. Was experimenting with brush marks.


Weeping Cherry. A painting I painted with my left hand. I was trying to loosen up my painting style.


This is where I died. A painting .... not going to elaborate on it.


Pulang Kampung. My emotional turmoil that was caught between staying or flying home.


Imitation Of Life. A painting of my doll in the classical portraiture style.



And the semesters before this

King Of Pain, a self portrait.


Eve.

Tarian Suria.


You Never Came. this was what started my obsession with Winter landscapes.

No comments: